1. (From left) The two models I dressed - LJ and Oliva w/ Caitlin Lomax and Amanda Ware.
2. My models' rack full of Lisa Ho, Akira, Bassike, Easton Pearson, Collette Dinnigan.
3. Ollie and Rachel Rutt in Mary Katrantzou.
4. DJ Ambassador Samantha Harris.
5. Model line-up.
6. Those lovely, but difficult Willow x Louboutin heels.
7. Rachel Grasso in Mary Katrantzou.
8. Sahara in Mary Katrantzou featuring pencils!
9. Amanada Ware in hair and make-up.
9. Models ready to open the show in Mary Katrantzou.
The L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival was held this week at Central Pier, Docklands.
It's Australia's largest consumer fashion event - which continues to inspire and connect designers, consumers and retailers who keep Australian fashion alive.
The very first show of the festival was for David Jones, which featured top Australian designers including,
Dion Lee, Lisa Ho, Collette Dinnigan, Ellery, Rachel Gilbert, Camilla and Marc, Romance Was Born, Lover, Bassike,
Gary Bigeni, Josh Goot, Ginger & Smart, Scanlan & Theodore, Carol Kapp, Willow, Calibre
and the special guest and award winning designer from London, Mary Katrantzou who opened the show.
I was lucky enough to work backstage dressing the models during the show.
I had the absolute pleasure of dressing Olivia Thornton who just returned from Paris, and I also helped LJ Breton,
who shared a rack - two of the most sweetest and funniest girls.
I thought I would share a little sneak peek of what goes on at the "Back of House", so you can see the racks upon racks of the latest fashion,
model line-ups, hair and make-up, even models acting like normal human beings pulling faces for the photographers.
I'd thought I'd leave all of the glamourous things like steaming the garments and taping the bottoms of heels out,
because really, who wants to see that!
Head to David Jones to check out the latest looks from your favourite designers from the show.
Source: facebook - event gallery