Friday, March 5, 2010

I'm In MyLookBook!

I was featured in MyLookBook online magazine February edition. 
I was so shocked when I received an email from Editor Krista Eppelstun asking me to fill out a number of questions based on my blog, fashion trends, personal style and my inspirations. It was such an honour and lovely to hear that she was a fan of my blog and that I would be featured in an issue. Although, I wish I hadn't left it so long to post this to you guys, seeing as the link is no long available/I can't find it now that the March issue is available online! Damn, damn, damn. But I was able to get a hold of the Q&A's that are on the MyLookBook website. 


How long have you been Blogging For?
I’ve been blogging religiously since August 2009, I’d say. That’s when I really started picking it up - it became addictive almost straight away.

What inspired you to start your Blog?
I think really to begin with, it was simply my love for pretty imagery, amazing fashion and celebrity spotting that got me sharing my thoughts and inspirations in the first place. My Mac is always loaded with an enormous amount of photographs, so I felt it was time to share them. Plus, it’s a wonderful creative outlet for me.

Tell us a bit about yourself, what do you do when your not blogging?
I never know how to describe myself really; I find it rather awkward. All I can do is list a few words that I think represent me to a tee…
Lover. Summer. Fashion student. Pretty boys. Family. Dreams. Best friends.
When I’m not blogging I absolutely love going into the city in Melbourne (where I live); it’s my happy place. Shopping is always on the cards - any time, any place. Also, finding cute little cafes and sitting down to have lunch and a little gossip session with my best friends. That’s me in a nutshell!

How much time would you say that you spend writing & sourcing images for your blog each day?
A lot longer than I really should! I get completely hooked. Literally, there are days when I could spend a few hours resourcing and then putting together a few posts. There are days when I spend only a few minutes on one post and I’m done for the day. And then even day’s when I don’t post at all. It all depends on my mood and what I have to share. I’m a total perfectionist and in the words of Mary-Kate Olsen, “Everything I do has to be visually appealing to me”. 

How would you describe the overall feeling of your Blog?
My blog is very much dedicated to my absolute love of fashion. It’s never short of being filled with pretty imagery. I love adding little cutesy quotes that I find represent my feelings and thoughts at the time of publication. I think it adds a little heart-felt something most young women would appeal to. But overall, if I had to choose one word to describe my blog, I’d choose: Blissful. 

How would you describe your own personal style?
I definitely like to stay on-trend when adding to my wardrobe. But, then add my own little touches to reflect more of my own personal style. At the moment I’m a big fan of boyfriend blazers, soft short flowing dresses and finding the perfect denim shorts. Hello summer! 

Favourite Aussie Designers/Labels or places to shop?
I completely adore Zimmermann and Bec & Bridge. They would have to me my number one(’s). Followed by, Alice McCall, Ellery, Maurie & Eve, Sass & Bide and Disney Couture jewellery. I mainly shop in the Melbourne CBD or shopping centres such as Chadstone and Doncaster for a bit of a variety. 

What are you favourite trends this season?
Surprisingly, high-waisted hot pants are one of them. Ripped denim shorts, oversize tees/singlets, boyfriend blazers definitely – they are a staple wardrobe piece. I also like the Warrior trend at the moment, with that futuristic twist. Sass & Bide, Balmain, Balenciaga and even Alexander McQueen have done an amazing job of creating their own little futuristic warrior. It’s always changing for me. 

Which Bloggers do you follow & are you inspired by?
One of the first blogs I ever looked at was Stockholm Street Style. I’m completely obsessed. I admire Caroline Blomst. I’m hooked on ‘Caroline’s Mode’; her sense of style is totally influential. I’m really into Swedish fashion, I think they really know what’s up, and so I follow Caroline Engman at Fashion Squad as well as Ida Rislöw at A Perfect Guide. Then there’s Knightcat, Le Fashion, Studded Hearts, Jak & Jil and The Satorialist that also feature high on my list.
Top 5 Websites you visit the most..
1. Bloglovin (www.bloglovin.com)
2. StockholmStreetStyle (stockholmstreetstyle.feber.se)
3. Fashionising.com (www.fashionising.com)
4. WeHeartIt (for inspiration and cute imagery)
5. StarStyleInc.com (www.starstyleinc.com)





It looked so pretty the way Krista put it all together. She used an image I had posted of Mary-Kate Olsen and a Mood Board that sits on my desk from a previous posts. If you happened to stumble across it, I hope you enjoyed it! And if you have any other questions you'd like to ask, go for it!! I'd be more than happy to answer them. 


No comments: