Saturday, April 17, 2010

You Have Stolen My Heart.

Kelly Smith. Far out, her illustrations are utterly amazing!


Kelly's an Australian freelance illustrator with a career focus in both portrait and fashion illustration. Vogue used these words to describe Kelly and her work - "Art imitates fashion life in this illustrators model sketches", And that's exactly what she's done. It's perfection. At just 23 years old, she's already been featured in publications such as Australian Vogue, Cream, Shop Till You Drop, Russh, Yen and Fashion Journal, just to name a select few. This girl is super talented, and as a student studying Fashion Drawing myself, she's a complete inspiration. I'd love one day to be able to not only have the exceptional fashion illustration ability she has shown in many of her pieces, but to also have a successful career. She gives me hope.


















Some of my favourite illustrations.
Such incredible skill.

"I find beauty fascinating, especially the sort that models possess: perfectly symmetrical faces and unbelievably long limbs. It looks quite out of place in an everyday environment, but in art it's that sort of perfection that you're always trying to capture."
"I always have a current muse."

We're so similar.

Source: google, birdy&me, flickr.

No comments: