Monday, December 23, 2013

Interview | KiVARI.



KiVARI SS '13/14 collection

Australian label KiVARI is defined by it's bohemian style and gypsy lifestyle, sporting luxe leather, 
soft fabrics and prints to keep you on trend all season. It is said to be for "the dreamers, lovers of life, bohemian 
gypsy's, the rockers, the trendsetters, sunworshippers and worldly explorers".
I was lucky enough to interview the Gold Coast-based designer about her new label...

1. Name. Age. Occupation.
Kirsten-Lee Keysers. 33 years old. Part-time radiographer, full-time KiVARI designer/owner.

2. How did KiVARI begin?
On a surf trip to Indonesia in 2010, I saw a gap in the market for affordable leather bags. So naturally I started designing 
and selling leather wallets and bags at the local markets. In 2012 I released my first range of apparel to compliment my 
leather pieces. From there KiVARI has grown more than I could have ever imagined into what it is today. 
I couldn't be happier with how well it's been received!

3. What has been your inspiration behind the "Harlequin Daze" SS '13/14 collection?
"Harlequin Daze" was inspired by my love for the ocean. The colours below, the angular lines on my 
surfboard and that "free"feeling of just you and the ocean.

4. What type of girl do you design for?
The KiVARI girl is: Young at heart, loves and adventure and has style with a touch of class and rock and roll edge. 
She is a worldly explorer, gypsy and essentially a lover of life!

5. What is your favourite piece/s from the collection?
The 'California Dream' leopard shorts. I live in them!

6. Where to next for KiVARI?
Global baby! Haha.

My pick is the ever-so-popular 'California Dream' leopard print shorts aswell.
Head to the online store to secure your pair now.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

A very nice look
Love it
xx, Malena
You can check my blog on:
www.Fashioncontainer.com
Fashioncontainer Facebook page